When girls become Smart-Girls, the girls benefit; their friends benefit; their families benefit; their schools benefit; their communities benefit; ad infinitum.
Smart-Girl has a proven track record and is a growing organization. We operate on a minimal budget but make a significant impact. As schools suffer serious reductions in their budgets, cutbacks in enrichment programs and personnel including school counselors are made. Smart-Girl strives to create more opportunities for girls to develop and practice social-emotional skills that lead to success in life.
Our success was recently documented by a two-year longitudinal study funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The results of the research clearly demonstrate the positive impact Smart-Girl is having on the lives of adolescent girls:
- The 8th grade girls who participated in Smart-Girl had a significant decline in disciplinary incidents during the year. In a comparison school without Smart-Girl, the 8th grade girls had a significant increase.
- The 8th grade girls who participated in Smart-Girl had a significant improvement in their science grades and their overall GPA.
- Approximately 75% of girls deemed likely to drop out of school report that Smart-Girl strongly influenced their belief that they now want to and can graduate from high school.
To continue serving girls in the manner that they deserve, we need your help. Donate today and help every girl become a Smart-Girl!
Making a donation is easy! You can send a check to:
155 Inverness Dr, Suite 200
Englewood, Colorado 80112
~ OR ~
Donate online on our Giving First Profile Page.
For information on any of the following giving programs and ideas, please contact us online, or 303-815-1921.
Employer Matching Gifts
With employer matching gift programs, you could possibly double or triple the impact of your gift!
Many companies sponsor matching gift programs and will match your charitable contribution. To find out if your company has a matching gifts program, contact your company’s human resources department.
Child Care Contribution Credit (CCCC)
Donations of $500 or more made to Smart-Girl and directed to Colorado State Child Care Tax Credit will be eligible to receive a 50% tax credit. Please clearly mark your donation as a CCCC donation for the tax credit. For more information please visit the Colorado Website.
Don’t just toss it or box it – give it to Smart-Girl.
In-kind donations, whether from individuals or corporations, help us preserve our cash resources and directly impact Smart-Girl’s reach. Goods are considered to be pretty much anything – a car, office supplies, office equipment or furniture – with the exception of money.
If you would like more information on planned giving, please Contact Us.
Host Your Own Event
Have an idea for a great fundraiser or want to host a party to benefit Smart-Girl? We’re open to creative ideas and would love to work with you.
Sponsor an Event
Your generous sponsorship…
- Helps Smart-Girl empower girls to make smart choices and become confident, capable, self-reliant young women.
- Places you and your company in the spotlight of a highly popular and visible event in the Denver community and provides multiple opportunities for sponsor exposure.
- Affords you and your guests a unique opportunity to meet some of the students and Guides who benefit from your support.
Become a Corporate Partner
Partner with Smart-Girl to empower adolescent girls with knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to reach their highest potential.
Investing in the community where your employees live and work is a solid business decision. Becoming a corporate partner of Smart-Girl affiliates your company with a research-based organization that is making a significant difference in the lives of girls everyday.
We invite you to become a corporate partner of Smart-Girl. Take part in Smart-Girl’s commitment to empower adolescent girls with the skills and tools necessary to become confident, capable, self-reliant young women who make healthy choices. Be a part of Smart-Girl’s continued commitment of creating a world where all girls have the knowledge, skills and attitude they need to reach their highest potential. Smart-Girl seeks commitment from successful businesses who wish to be affiliated with the strong values and goals of Smart-Girl.
Depending on your level of financial commitment, Smart-Girl will provide your organization with the following:
- Visibility through web page linkage
- Recognition at our events
- Guest features in our newsletter
- Access to our members through attendance of Smart-Girl events
- Access to our members through mailings
- Preferred vendor status, allowing your organization to represent its “Smart-Girl Sponsor” status on your marketing materials.
To join in our commitment to adolescent girls and to become a corporate sponsor, please contact us online or call our office at 303-815-1921.